top of page

Public Houses & Hotels

The Albion Hotel, 1930.jpg
The Albion Hotel, 1930_edited.jpg
The Albion Hotel

The Albion Hotel, Waterloo Road, 1930.

The Albion Hotel with the National School just visible on the left, Waterloo Road.

The Angel Hotel

The Angle Hotel (Buck's) in 1984 with Billy (Nip) Edwards in 1957.

The Arch Hotel (The Slutch Hotel) Lower
The Arch Hotel

The Arch Hotel (The Slutch Hotel) Lower Church Street.

The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel (The Roundhouse) Viaduct Street, Martley Street.

A view of Church St-Viaduct St, The Roundhouse on the corner & Penketh's shop (white building)

Irwell Street & Terrace Road._edited.jpg
The Britannia Hotel

The Britannia Hotel, on the corner of Irwell Street & Terrace Road.

The Britannia Hotel, The Blood Tub or Manning's, 1970's.

Coopers Arms Hotel, 1 Wellington Street
The Coopers Arms Hotel

The Coopers Arms Hotel, 1 Wellington Street and 12 Waterloo Road.

The Main Top

The Main Top.

The Mersey Hotel in 1984_edited.jpg
The Mersey Hotel

The Mersey Hotel in 1984.

The Railway Inn
The Railway Inn. Cork Harbour_edited.jpg

The Railway Inn, also known as the Cork Harbour, Waterloo Road, 1960's.

The Railway Inn.

The Royal Hotel after closure in 1984._e
The Royal Hotel

The Royal Hotel, Hutchinson Street just after closure in 1984.

The Swan Inn
The Swan Inn, also known as the mucky du

The Swan Inn, also known as the Mucky Duck, 1984.

The White Star in the 1970s_edited.jpg
The White Star

The White Star Hotel looking from the alleyways at the back of Milton Street, 1955.

 The White Star Hotel with Mrs Reardon the lolly pop lady, 1970s.

West Bank Hotel

West Bank Hotel, Bottom or Lower Vaults, On the corner of Church Street and Mersey Road, 1900.

John Wood outside the West Bank Hotel, 1910.

The West Bank Hotel as it looked in 1984

The West Bank Hotel as it looked in 1984.

The Waterloo Hotel
The Waterloo Hotel_edited.jpg

The Waterloo Hotel, James Lea built the three end houses leading up to the north corner of Barns Street, 1859. Originally, they were numbered 33, 35 & 37 Waterloo Road, and around 1860 were knocked into one large house and opened by Peter Brand as a beerhouse.

bottom of page